The job-holder is responsible for managing the day to day running of all site activities, to maximise performance against budget, quality and programme and maintain site safety and security.
The job-holder is also responsible for maintaining a safe & secure workplace without risk to health and ensure this is maintained at all times. A further key responsibility is for managing Health & Safety and emergency systems, capabilities and employee awareness, according to Company Policy and relevant law.
· Works progress to time, quality and cost
· Safe working systems in place
· Sub-contractors managed for cost and quality standards
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Operations and Work-force Management
· Ensure the works are progressed safely without risk to health adhering to all health and safety rules. This includes planning and executing activities on site to eliminate, so far as is possible, situations liable to be hazardous to health, safety or wellbeing of any person on site including or members of the public and ensuring compliance of all others employed on site under their control.
· Manage and motivate employees and subcontractors to achieve maximum output and work standards.
· Manage subcontractors to ensure job completed to the highest possible standards prior to authorisation of payment.
· Assist with monitoring and reporting progress on a regular basis through site meetings to ensure completion dates are achieved.
· Ensure snagging and defects are minimised and completed in a timely manner.
Quality Control & Compliance
· Implement and check quality standards as required ensuring problems and technical issues are resolved to specified requirements and in full compliance with the company QA system.
· Undertake inspection and testing as required to ensure this is achieved for all activities.
· Maintain administration and relevant reporting systems in accordance with procedures set by the company, including control of contract drawings and all other on site documentation.
· Assist with preparation of O&M manual, Health & Safety manuals prior to completion of the project.
Monitor costs in accordance with agreed budget and targets making savings where possible.
Liaise with suppliers to ensure best purchase prices achieved where required.
Ensure procurement of materials and plant is adequate to maintain progress, meet requirements of the project specification and minimise wastage.
Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or for attainment of the goals of the business.
Qualifications/ Experience and Competencies Required
Ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team.
Ability to follow technical drawings or plans and any other written or spoken instruction.
To adhere to company rules and regulations set out in the Handbook, including attendance and timekeeping standards, company dress and conduct standards.
Please note that the above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and the Company reserves the right to make amendments to this job description from time to time and to request that you undertake other duties as reasonably required.
To discuss call 0141 881 1969.